AUSTRALIA MARKET FORUM
Wednesday 10 May 2017SeminarTauranga
Join us for this Australia Market Forum where we will hear from Alison Duncan, Counsellor (Economic and Trade), Australian High Commission.
In February 2017, Prime Ministers English and Turnbull reiterated their joint commitment to advancing the Single Economic Market agenda, which aims to improve the seamlessness of doing business between our two countries.
The Australian High Commission is interested in business views on initiatives that could improve the ease of doing business or address any particular irritants. Some of the initiatives already underway or under consideration include:
* Removing arrival and departure cards
* Introducing digital passports
* Biosecurity pre-screening of passengers at point of departure
* Mutual recognition between NZ's Secure Exports Scheme and Australia's Trusted Trader to reduce regulatory duplication and compliance costs
* A joint infrastructure pipeline that provides investors with a single point of reference and all the information they need to make investment decisions
* Mutual recognition of infrastructure processes (e.g. pre-qualification criteria, procurement processes, documentation, etc)
* One-stop-shop for registration for online GST
* Mutual recognition of business numbers (ABN and NZBN)
Innovation and Science:
* A science and innovation cooperation agreement that will enable greater collaboration and pooling of resources between our two countries through a work program which includes initiatives to:
° strengthen collaboration between research organisations
° explore avenues to engage on genomics in healthcare
° cooperate on research infrastructure planning and investment
° test a second-generation Satellite-Based Augmentation System
* Measures to increase the integration of banking markets to provide efficiencies and savings to customers
* Collaborate to identify and address non-tariff barriers to trade in third markets.
We will also hear from local exporter Steve Trickett, General Manager Sales & Marketing at Darling Group. Steve is a seasoned exporter and will tell you about his experience exporting to NZ's biggest trading partner.
Wednesday 10 May 2017
8am to 10am
Smart Business Centre, 65 Chapel Street, Tauranga
Phone: 07 571 0600
Prices (per person):
Members: $25+GST pp for members of ExportNZ & EMA
Non Members: $50+GST pp for non members
Learning and Development
Delivered through EMA, Business Central, CECC and OSEA. Select your region to find out whats happening.