EXPORTNZ ASB WELLINGTON EXPORT AWARDS 2017
Wednesday 21 Jun 2017Wellington
We are thrilled to bring you the inaugural
ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards
Export is the fuel that fires the economy. To recognise this we wanted to bring the export stars of the Wellington Region together under one roof to celebrate their daring enterprises. Together with our principal partners, ASB, we are launching the very first annual ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards. We have devised four categories, each highlighting an aspect of export excellence, so pick the one that will let your export achievements shine best. And to top it off, we'll be picking the overall champion, the Exporter of the Year, from the winners of the other four categories. It could be you.
So don't delay, get your entries in and your glad rags on, because Awards night is just around the corner.
When: 5:30pm Wednesday 21 June 2017
Where: Te Wharewaka, 2 Taranaki Street, Wellington
Dress: Business Attire
Cost: Wellington Chamber / Business Central Members Table of 8 - $684 or individual tickets $95
Non-members individual tickets $125 (prices excl GST)
Tickets: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for table bookings
ASB Exporter of the Year Award
Are you the Exporter of the Year? The winner of this award will be one of the winners from the below 4 categories and will have demonstrated sustained and outstanding performance and results in terms of:
* Export earnings, growth and profit
Marsh Innovation in Export Award
The Marsh Innovation in Export award recognises a Wellington business displaying outstanding innovation in exporting. Innovation means coming up with a product/pathway/positioning/promotion or pricing approach that is novel in the way in which it has been applied in the business. The business must show how this innovation allows it to capture more money, market share or to continue a sustainable position.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade Most Sustainable in Export Award
The purpose of the MFAT Most Sustainable in Export award is to select the Wellington Exporter who can demonstrate sustainability in all aspects of their business. The winner of this award will demonstrate an outstanding approach which is financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in their business.
Wellington Airport Emerging Exporter Award
The Wellington Airport Emerging Exporter award celebrates companies which have made the most remarkable leap forward in start-up exporting. The award is not sector specific, and the company will have been exporting for less than 3 consecutive years, however it must be generating a turnover of over $100 000 p/a.
CentrePort Excellence in Services Export Award
The CentrePort Wellington Excellence in Services Export award recognises the service provider that has demonstrated exceptional performance in consultancy services, ICT, education, and/or tourism. The winner of this award will have illustrated how their service and knowledge of the customer needs has increased performance, profitability and/or sustainability.
- All applicants are required to complete a simple Word based entry form, which includes information about your company and what you do.
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your entry.
- Judges will shortlist finalists for each award based on a review of all entries. The judges may contact you during this process to request further information. Information provided to the judges is confidential.
- Site visits for all finalists will take place, at which time the judges will ask further questions and discuss the content of your written submission to assist them with their assessments.
- Finalists will be profiled at the ExportNZ ASB Wellington Awards dinner on Wednesday 21 June 2017.
Examples of eligible businesses include:
- Any manufacturer and exporter of products
- Any marketer who exports someone else's products
- Any exporter of services (this includes bringing people to New Zealand, e.g., tourists or students)
Examples of businesses that are not eligible:
- Importers of goods or services.
- Unrelated companies which simply supply product(s) for someone else to export.
- Traders who only buy finished product(s) in one offshore country for sale in another.
With thanks to our sponsors
Wednesday 21 June 2017
5:30pm to 9pm
Te Wharewaka, 2 Taranaki Street, Wellington
Prices (per person):
Members: $95 + GST
Non Members: $125 + GST
Other Price: Table of 8 – members only: $684 + GST