Latin America Market Awareness (LAMA) Workshop
24th Sep 2020 9:00am-3:30pm
Level 7, Jackson Stone House, 3-11 Hunter Street, Wellington
We are back offering our 1 day Latin America Market Awareness (LAMA) courses in person, again with our team of experts from The University of Auckland Business School.
The LAMA workshop targets New Zealand business practitioners who want to strengthen their existing Latin America capability, as well as those who have exported to other markets and now want to enter this region.
The workshops will be interactive, aimed at helping you identify areas of focus, develop and refine ideas, and discuss how those ideas can be turned into action.
There is no fee to participate in the workshop.
At the workshop you will also:
1. Understand and use key information, processes, and resources to support your Latin America market scoping.
2. Test ideas and apply knowledge on how to compete in Latin America, with market specialists and participating businesses.
3. Enhance your awareness about the impact of culture on doing business, and building successful business connections in Latin America.
4. Identify key insights from speakers that have experienced business success and challenges working in the region.
5. Apply learning from the workshop to create an action plan on next steps to enter the Latin American market or diversify your existing activities in the region.
Dr. Ben Fath - Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland
Ben Fath's interest in growing New Zealand businesses stems from more than a decade of scholarship investigating innovation, internationalisation and competitiveness of NZ SMEs. Ben focuses on the evolution of markets, strategic management capabilities and evidence based decision making. In collaboration with scholars at the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford, Ben has undertaken a series of studies in New Zealand and Europe to better understand how strategic thinking helps SMEs to thrive in changing environments. Ben currently teaches on the MBA program of the University of Auckland.
Dr. Antje Fiedler - Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland
Antje Fiedler is a Senior Lecturer at the Graduate School of Management. Antje teaches on the MBA and Masters program in the area of international business and strategy. She has undertaken extensive research on growth, innovation and internationalization of NZ SMEs. Her research has been published in international journals as well as informed courses at the Business School (University of Auckland) and practitioner workshops around New Zealand (hosted at Export NZ). She is the Director of the China Studies Centre of the University of Auckland and an academic advisor of the South East Asia CAPE.
Facilitators from the Latin America CAPE team:
Craig Nicholson, Deputy Director
Lucy O’Neill, Programme Manager
ExportNZ has partnered with the Latin America Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence and ASB to bring you this event.