22 Oct | Auckland
Export Masterclass: Incoterms Rules ExplainedEvent Date:
22nd Oct 2020 8:00am-12:00pmLocation:
145 Khyber Pass Rd, GraftonDescription:
No export consignment is ready until the transactional paperwork is done.
Learn to create and distribute high quality shipping, customs, and international trade documents designed to reduce penalties and charges, and enhance productivity in your business, by making sure you get the paperwork right the first time.
In this Export Masterclass we take an interactive approach as we advance your knowledge and understanding of all the necessary procedures for successful trading in the current export market. The session will be facilitated by Incoterms rules expert Allyson Wood.
All participants receive a detailed workbook.
- Purpose and scope of Incoterms
- Common misunderstandings examined and eliminated
- Delivery, costs, risks and obligations of the seller and buyer
- Legal implications of misusing a term
- Putting Incoterms into practice
- Export documentation required by government and statutory legislation
- How to achieve harmony and come to an agreed Incoterms policy with your freight-forwarder – effects on the business and how to make them visible.
Allyson Wood – Director, Ortex Consulting Limited
Allyson is a consultant within the supply chain industry, delivering industry training and advice enabling businesses to build resilience and efficiency improvements. Allyson has over 20 years supply chain experience, predominately in the freight forwarding, engineering and gas sector, in various operational and management roles. She has over 10 years supply chain lecturing experience at the Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) New Zealand Maritime School, specialising in Customs, Procurement, Inventory Management and Logistics. Allyson was a member of the MIT Academic Standards Committee.
- 07:45am - Registration, tea & coffee
- 08:00am - ExportNZ to welcome; Introduction to facilitator
- 08:05am - Workshop begins
- 10:00am - Morning tea
- 10:15am - Workshop commences
- 12:00pm - Event closes
$160.00 + GSTCost (Non-Members):
$280.00 + GSTContact:
Sarah Drinkwater: firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister