Better Exporting - Winning in the Amazon Jungle
22 Aug | Hamilton
Better Exporting - Winning in the Amazon JungleEvent Date:
22nd Aug 2019 4:00pm-6:30pmLocation:
EMA Building Cnr Tristram & Collingwood StreetsDescription:
Amazon is live in Australia and soon to be in New Zealand. While the obvious connection is that New Zealand product and brand owners can now reach a new consumer market quicker and more easily, there’s a bigger, less talked about impact.
New Zealand has traditionally not been very well served by e-commerce marketplaces. Many NZ consumers already buy from Amazon in the USA. They know the brand well, and will move to start using the Australian marketplace quickly.
What will happen is something like this: NZ brands will be listed on Amazon Australia, NZ consumers will buy the products, they will be shipped domestically, but never actually go to Australia.
It may as well be Amazon.co.nz.
This will change the shape of e-commerce in New Zealand a lot more than people realise.
Hamish Conway from Sell Global will share the latest changes and new discoveries with Amazon over the last 12 months. With his experience running multiple Seller Accounts for New Zealand businesses, he is well qualified to comment on how Amazon can benefit your business too.
Here’s What You’ll Discover in this 90 minute High Impact Session
- What is happening with Amazon Australia and is it even making an impact?
- How NZ brands are building 6 and 7 figure new sales channel on Amazon inside 18 months. While Amazon Australia is here, the big game is still the USA.
- New technology Amazon is bringing to win the e-commerce game and why e-commerce incumbents won’t be able to keep up.
- How the numbers work for Amazon Australia, and what are the key actions to getting started.
- What to do if your distributors say we won’t stock you if you list on Amazon.
- If you decide not to sell on Amazon, what do you need to do to remain relevant.
- How to make your own e-commerce store remain relevant in an Amazon dominated landscape.
Guest Speaker: Hamish Conway, Director, Sell Global LtdCost (Members):
Janet Uttinger: Janet.Uttinger@ema.co.nzRegister